The following are a representative sample of the cases litigated by The Brookman Law Group’s founder and principal, Robert Brookman, Esquire:
- Obtained pre-trial dismissal of all charges in felony criminal proceeding, including, but not limited to, charges of burglary, theft and violation of probation.
- Represented a general contractor and surety in a multi-million-dollar arbitration against a contractor involving allegations of, inter alia, defective workmanship, delay in contravention of the subcontract, wrongful termination and a claim on the applicable payment and performance bonds.
- Obtained a favorable settlement at mediation in complex securities litigation involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty against the officers and directors of a corporation and further seeking the reversal of stock issuances and a merger in a case filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Secured summary judgment for lender by unilaterally drafting summary judgment motion submitted to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in complex litigation involving claims of, inter alia, breach of contract, fraudulent inducement and civil conspiracy.
- Secured indemnification and release in an environmental suit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey by demonstrating that the remediation at issue should never have occurred because the contractor applied the wrong regulatory standard in determining that Mr. Brookman’s client furnished concrete containing chemical concentrations above that permitted by law.
- Secured favorable global settlement of complex, multi-district federal real estate litigation involving the sale of seventy (70) Philadelphia homes by personally negotiating an agreement with opposing counsel within twenty-four (24) hours of conducting a deposition in which the deponent acknowledged the lack of evidentiary support for various averments in his Complaint.
- Obtained two (2) separate Consent Judgments, each in the amount of $890,000, in favor of a group of investors defrauded in connection with the financing of a feature film after three (3) years of highly contentious litigation involving voluminous discovery and motion practice as well as a bankruptcy dispute in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Obtained favorable settlement after participating in a mediation before the Hon. Debra Freeman, Chief Magistrate Judge for U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, in a complex commercial case involving claims of, inter alia, breach of contract, tortious interference and civil conspiracy.
- Assisted in the representation of victims of sexual abuse in a high-profile multi-million dollar suit against a doctor and the hospital in which said doctor worked.
If you or your company require the assistance of a practitioner with a record of success and substantial experience litigating complex cases in the state and federal courts of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, then contact The Brookman Law Group for a free consultation.